Full Job Description
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced System Administrator to manage, monitor, and maintain our technology.
- Effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Participate in technical R&D to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff to perform their roles at peak efficiency and capability.
- Administration of our Active Directory environment including daily maintenance and future functionality.
- Opportunity to provide valuable SME input into the direction of the systems but will also be responsible for the performance of the department’s infrastructure.
- Maintain Cloud infrastructure and create Cloud migration strategies for legacy systems.
- Work with the IT team to share knowledge and be an escalation point.
- Work closely with other functional support groups and external vendors to implement and integrate third-party applications and solutions into our internal infrastructure.
- Engineering of SA related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new and/or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches to leverage our resources.
- Provide strong support for servers, operating systems, and enterprise solutions; Windows Server 2012 and newer, Active Directory, DNS, GPO, NPS, Certificate Authority, NAS, SAN, IP PBX, Google Apps.
- Manage end-user accounts, permissions, access rights, storage allocations, and cloud services accounts while in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, workstations, and solutions handled by the IT department.
- Create accurate solutions and documentation for internal support processes and procedures.
- Perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, and reconfigurations.
- Participate in recommendations and negotiations to push the scope of new technology with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Must have proper legal authorization to work in the United States and be willing to relocate to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education
- Minimum three years of System Administrator experience
- Minimum of one year of experience with data centers, migration, or virtualization projects
- Windows 2008-2019 and Windows 10, Microsoft Azure, Google G Suite (Office 365 and Linux knowledge is a plus)
- IP routing, DNS, DHCP, SSL, remote administration, performance monitoring
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Solid knowledge of hardware information such as CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, Bios
- Must have a working knowledge of PowerShell and VBScript
- Must have working knowledge in creating and managing GPOs in Active Directory
- Experience with Cloud technologies and infrastructure such as Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to architect and implement solutions which maximize system availability and performance via clustering and fault-tolerance
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with coworkers unfamiliar with the concepts or terminology
- Self-starter able to work independently, and also able to function well on a team
- Ability to work without direct supervision, detail-oriented, goal and deadline-driven
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Requires working off-hours and/or weekends to support operational tasks as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR