Transdev Services. Inc., is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, is seeking an Bus Operations Control Center Manager.
The Bus Operations Control Center (BOCC) Manager will be responsible for managing the centralized, system-wide operational control center, operated and managed 24 hours per day and 7 days per week from the West Ox facility. The BOCC Manager oversees a staff of two BOCC Supervisors and 8 Controllers. The BOCC Manager manages vehicles once in revenue service which operate from all facilities through radio and data communication.
- Manages team to resolves most complex business problems for those on the team.
- Monitors and manages emergencies and service interruptions.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Handles transit system monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for public service and bus stop announcements.
- Responsible for farebox collection and malfunction reporting.
- Develops and monitors operations of the BOCC policies and procedures, operating structure, and work flow.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets company standards and Client satisfaction.
- Identifies trends and initiates changes/improvements necessary to achieve goals and objectives while ensuring customer needs are met without interruption to service levels.
- Ensure that the staff is knowledgeable, well trained, efficient and friendly with strong tools and resources to perform. Provides employees timely and constructive performance feedback; develops employees and provides opportunities that enhance employee career growth. Hire, counsel, and issue discipline to employees when necessary.
- Engages with Area General Manager, Division Managers, and Maintenance Director, making them aware of issues and working with them to solve them and improve service quality at all touch points.
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of people and technology resources and budget planning/execution.
- Collect and analyze service productivity and performance statistics including response times, quality of response, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. BA/BS in transportation or logistics preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in telemarketing or an outbound call center environment.
- The BOCC Manager must be experience using Clever Devices technologies including computer aided dispatch/automated vehicle location (CAD/AVL), radio, and automated vehicle announcement (AVA) system applications to manage and communicate with buses while in service or in the field, and for monitoring the service performance, recording applicable event/incident details and generating all required reports.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Advanced conflict resolution skills required.
- Experience developing or managing a budget.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Experience dealing with the Union and working in the transportation industry a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and possesses good judgment and discretion.
- Must possess ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills.
- General knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system and Microsoft office package.
- Must be able to work as a member of the team.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts. The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 100% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support missions.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.