BAE Systems Inc. is looking for a Project Coordinator/Analyst to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting shore-based Air Traffic Control systems. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic team providing project coordination and analyst services in support of the Customer's Air Traffic Control Systems. Qualified candidates will:
- Support project managers, finance, and admin in performing administrative tasks across the Project Management processes of organizing, integrating, planning, managing & controlling, developing and completing projects. These tasks may include opening and closing project assignment sheets, contributing to the creation of work breakdown structures, tracking expenditures and procurements, and creating milestone based schedules.
- Support the project managers, finance, and admin with customer engagement, program performance, and delivery for Air Traffic Control Systems.
- Track project progress to financial, schedule, technical and/or new business performance objectives.
- Work within Microsoft Project to create schedules that include resource loading and dependencies between sub-projects.
- Control the schedule and work with the project manager to expedite operations that delay schedules, alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, and devise what if scheduling scenarios based on potential new and growth work.
- Identify and track potential project risks and discuss with project manager to determine possible outcomes and solutions.
- Interface and coordinate project objectives and schedule with customers, suppliers, and the team.
- Provide support in arranging installation site visits, distribute deliverables, facilitate documentation gathering, and support communication between various stakeholders.
- Maintain continuous communication with customers, Government Project Managers and BAE Systems Project Team.
- Attend meetings with the team and/or customer to identify and distribute action items.
BAE Systems wants people who are self-starters and who have experience with working in small teams.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in St. Mary's County, near to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in a business or related field and 4 years of related experience (6 additional years of experience may be substituted for the degree)
Excellent computer skills with MS Office, to include MS Project
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Attentive to detail, effective time management and organizational skills
Sound interpersonal skills for interfacing and coordinating with the company, personnel, customers, and suppliers
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
Capable of working independently, as well as within a team
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification
Knowledge of air traffic control systems, military electronic systems
Project Coordinator / Analyst II
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression