Provides a high level of customer service to patients, families, visitors and employees to promote and supports the highest level of patient experience. Performs administrative and clerical duties to ensure efficient operational flow in their assigned department.
- Conducts an in-person greeting, welcome and orientation to the unit for newly admitted and transferred patients.
- Responds to patient call lights in a manner that expedites appropriate follow through.
- Makes rounds on patients throughout their hospital stay.
- Communicates and facilitates communication with patients, families, other departments and health care team members regarding patient care.
- Assists with processing patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Provides concierge service to assist patients and families with way finding and directs them to available resources.
- Assembles and maintains patient medical records and other documents related to patient care.
- Assists with unit clerical functions.
- Assists in trouble-shooting equipment failures such as call system, portable phones, WOWs and other unit devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service-related role.
- Prior job experience with typing or computer training or equivalent coursework.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires frequent data entry, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires normal or corrected speech, hearing and vision.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities