Work with purpose in community as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)! We are actively seeking compassionate LPNs to work in Skilled Nursing. With a person-centered philosophy, our residents are definitely our extended family!
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k with match for eligible Team Members
- PTO, Holiday & Shift Differential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team member scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Access to the onsite fitness center
- Several different dining venues with meal discounts
- Innovative team member referral bonuses
- Rewarding growth and development opportunities
- and much more!
*Newly hired LPNs working a qualifying shift will be eligible for our Sign-on Bonus for Life! As an LPN you can earn a recurring bonus of $100 per month for as long as you remain an employee with us on a qualifying shift!
- 7am-3:30pm 10 Days E/O Weekend
- 7am-3:30pm (3 shifts) & 3pm-11:30pm (6 shifts) E/O Weekend/Holiday
- 11pm-7:30am- E/O Weekend/Holiday (*This is a Sign-on Bonus for Life qualifying shift)
- 11pm-7:30am- (8 shifts) E/O Weekend/Holiday
- Flex (PRN)
Primary Responsibilities as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and initiating corrective action.
- Provide supervision to Nursing Assistant providing direct resident care.
- Administer and document direct resident care, medications and treatments per physicians' orders and accurately record all care provided.
- Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in residents' conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available, abnormal laboratory/X-ray results and any other unusual observations.
- Participate in development of resident interdisciplinary care plans and subsequent implementation.
- Count narcotics, check emergency kit and exchange keys.
- Check meal trays and nourishment to ensure proper diet is served and residents are assisted as necessary.
- Supervise the application and removal of all restraints and devices used to position and enable residents to function as independently as possible.
- Order, receive and store medications appropriately.
- Provide direct resident care, in addition to treatment, as necessary.
- Will be responsible to provide activities for residents in their household, conducting programs, visits and activities geared to the interest and abilities of their elders. They will document activity participation and responses in Caretracker.
Qualifications for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Licensed Practical Nurse, under the Practical Nurse Law (63 P. S. §§651-667.8), or Registered by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a licensed registered nurse.
- Must rotate shifts as needed and work weekends as scheduled.
- Must have organizational skills and do sequential events.
- Possesses initiative, judgment, dependability, and leadership skills.
- Possesses the ability to work congenially with others and delegate wisely.
- Possesses the ability to teach skills necessary to the appropriate completion and documentation of necessary information.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact and respond appropriately to resident, families, physician and all other visitors/customers on the unit.
- Understands and can identify with the philosophy and corporate values of Garden Spot Village.