St. Luke’s Health System in Twin Falls is seeking a Laboratory Technical Lead to join our Laboratory team.
- Responsible for quality assurance within respective service line.
- Tests specimens in an accurate, organized and prioritized manner following laboratory procedures and policies to ensure quality and time guidelines in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements. Participates in creation and review of procedures and policies as appropriate for assigned duties.
- Collects a variety of specimens as required by specific section needs, with skill and sensitivity to needs of the patient.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- Verifies accuracy and validity of test results.
- Instructs trainees in procedures and techniques of performing tests.
- Performs instrument maintenance according to section procedures.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for trainee and staff competency validation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications required for the job)
▪ Education: Bachelor of Science degree.
▪ Experience: 4 years’ experience.
▪ Certification: Must have one of the following:
o Blood Banking (ASCP_BB)
o Chemistry (ASCP_C)
o Cytogenetics (CYGT)
o Cytotechnologist (ASCP_CT)
o Hematology (ASCP_H)
o Histotechnologist (ASCP_HTL)
o Microbiology (ASCP_M)
o Molecular Biology (ASCP_MB)
o Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP_MLS)
o Medical Technologist (ASCP_MT or AMT_MT).
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.