Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a part time Certified Medication Technician located in our Austin, Texas location.
The Certified Medication Technician is responsible for working closely with medical staff to provide health services and education for Cenikor clients.
Schedule: 5:00pm-10:00pm weekdays and every other weekend
- Administer prescribed medications to clients and maintain related medical records under supervision of nurse on duty.
- Verify identity of client receiving medication and record name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on specified forms or records.
- Present medication to client and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication, using specified procedures.
- Take vital signs or observe client to detect response to specified types of medications and prepare report or notify designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Ensure appropriate and timely documentation is completed and placed in clients’ medical files/EHR as required.
- Document reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- Give direct client care, such as bathing, dressing, and feeding patients, and assisting in examinations and treatments.
- Assist with client admissions, including orientation to rules and rights, bed and locker assignments, issuing linens, and inventory of personal items as needed.
- May receive supply of ordered medications and apportion, mix, or assemble drugs for administration to client and may record and restock medication inventories.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as assisting with changing bed linens, washing detox client’s clothes and other duties necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for detox clients.
- Assist with pre-admission screening process as needed.
- Answer phone and transfers call or takes messages as needed.
- Assist in the monitoring of detox clients and accompany them on outside breaks.
- Conduct daily inventory and assist facility staff with appropriate disposal of expired and/or discontinued medications.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Establish positive relationships with physicians and maintain a network of health professionals to assist in providing client medical treatment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experienced in working with various types of people.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilient in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Capable of providing medical care to a diverse ethnic and cultural population.
- Capable of performing job responsibilities in a professional manner. Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Medication Technician required
- Completion of a Medication Technician training program required
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year of medical experience preferably in providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment.
- Current Certified Medication Technician certification required
- (Copy of certificate or diploma required)
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid required
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR