The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and securing of assets, personnel and male clients at the facility. Responsible for providing therapeutic assistance and preventing male client elopement. Institute appropriate security measures while escorting male clients inside and outside the facility. Various available schedules
Assists patients in good grooming and personal hygiene. Monitors clients’ movement and provides a client count as per facility policy..Assist in creating and maintaining a therapeutic environment for substance abuse clients. Maintains adequate security for eating/sleeping problems, elopements or attempts to elope. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains adequate security for eating/sleeping problems, elopements or attempts to elope.
- Monitors clients’ movement and provides a client count as per facility policy.
- Maintain locked doors as per facility policy, making security checks to ensure that the integrity of security is intact and the safety of clients is maintained. Refer problems to BHT Supervisor and/or other facility management staff on duty.
- Ensure safety of residents by watching for, and immediately reporting, irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unlocked.
- Investigate and complete related reports on all accidents, safety and security situations and communicate emergency situations, including medical emergencies, to the appropriate authorities and staff members.
- Accompanies clients as requested on outings, ensuring safety, providing therapeutic assistance, and preventing elopement. Institutes appropriate security measures escorting clients inside and outside facility.
- Recognizes and intervenes in disturbed/aggressive behavior as soon as sign of disruptive behavior are recognized.
- Perform weekly inspections on vehicles, including checking oil, tire pressure, gas, etc., record results, record mileage, and prepare standard maintenance reports.
- Perform housekeeping duties as assigned to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for clients.
- Work closely with Supervisor/Program Director to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and contribute to a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the nonexempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Must pass national background check
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and residents.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures, to perform duties in a professional manner, to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures;
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to work night shifts and flexible hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook for email.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
**VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE REQUIRED**
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year security/safety experience preferred
- Therapeutic Community experience preferred
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR