At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
The Engineer will provide technical support for existing utility size renewable (Wind, Solar and Battery) generation sites in the U.S. by primarily wind. Under general supervision, is responsible developing and implementing operation and maintenance best practice standards across the AES renewable fleet. This role is also responsible for the analysis of issues related to Wind Turbine Mechanical systems, with a focus on developing and implementing processes and modifications that improve fleet management, increase reliability and reduce operational costs. The engineer will integrate lessons learned from existing sites into the development of new construction. The employee will investigate re-occurring issues and make recommendations for permanent solutions.
The Renewable Engineer is primarily responsible for working out the technical and aspects of renewable energy sites, including wind farms, solar installations, and battery farms. Development of improvement projects, maintenance standards, and serve as the conduit to integrate lessons learned from existing sites into the development of new construction. Employee will be responsible for diagnosis of re-occuring equipment issues and development of solutions.
Develop designs or project scopes of work after having carried out field analysis to improve turbine operations. Utilize software tools to analyze behaviors and trends. Visit generating plants as required to investigate mechanical equipment condition. Regularly communicate with internal stakeholders on progress or related activities. Write up requirements that will ensure quality and compliance by contractors. Identify, qualify, and manage external professionals and consultants in order to support efforts in the areas above. Provide guidance or instructions to the Operations and Maintenance personnel on the functionality and maintenance of wind turbine components. Review and evaluate technical reports. Integrate lessons learned on existing sites to specifications changes on new builds. Develop best practice standards and simplify Operation and Maintenance practices for U.S. Renewables sites. Acting as a liaison between renewables sites to share best practices. Collaborate cross functionally with key stakeholders such as site management, suppliers, and the new project development team. Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through analysis, preparation and presentation of technical material to internal and external audiences Collaborate with renewable sites and provide solutions to enhance operation and maintenance. Perform any necessary inspections on mechanical / electrical generation equipment as needed to support facility operations and maintenance Develop design or scope, project justification, cost estimates, and budget future work plans for maintenance, upgrade, and replacement of assets. Utilize Management of Change for controlling modification to equipment, systems, and processes. Support Supply Chain to standardize spare parts between sites.
- Bachelor´s Degree in Mechanical or Renewable Energy engineering from ABET accredited college
- Engineer in Training Certificate or Prefer Professional Engineer
- Minimum 7 years of Wind Turbine experience
- Experience in Wind Turbine Generating facility or Wind turbine development or construction.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Suite required, SAP and GE APM experience helpful.
- Strong background in Reliability Centered Maintenance Practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with instrumentation, measurement systems, and data analysis
- Capability to climb wind steel towers
- Possession of comprehensive writing skills for upwards reporting
- Ability to lead technical discussions with wind turbine or other renewable generation
- Strong communicator both oral and written.
- Strong platform or public speaking skills for making presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others as well as operate
with a minimum of supervision.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
more details »