Ingredion is currently hiring for a Supply Planner based out of the Belcamp, MD Operations Site. The Supply Planner will be responsible for working with Customer Service, Procurement and Manufacturing to Plan and Schedule production orders. While making decisions, this role must consider customer needs/service, inventory, including rework / obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
- Plan internal production orders per ERP exception message signals.
- Also includes planning and coordination of all assigned contract manufacturing production.
- Support new product development through planning of new product introductions as required.
- Schedule production orders and maintain production schedules for assigned work centers.
- Considers factors such as cost efficiencies, manufacturing methods, raw material availability and special-order requirements when adjusting schedules.
- Work collaboratively with other departments in activities including, but not limited to:
- Facilitating weekly/daily production scheduling meetings with Quality and Warehouse teams.
- Coordinating with Procurement on raw material availability issues.
- Identifying root cause of late sales/production order issues with Customer Service and Sales.
- Plan warehouse transfers orders of raw material components to support planned production.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall continuous improvement.
- Follows all company safety rules while performing job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Supply Chain Management or similar field preferred.
- 1-5 years of Supply Chain experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is highly preferred.
- Understanding of ERP software is required; A minimum of 1-year experience utilizing SAP or similar ERP is preferred.
- Prior roles in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, or chemical industries is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.