Posting Note:This Medical Assistant will support multiple Divisions (i.e. Neurology, Oncology, Pulmonology, G.I., etc.) with rooming patients, charting, performing vitals as well as working with patients via Zoom. For this position, you enjoy "thinking on your feet", moving swiftly from a laptop to meeting patients in person.
Location: 1665 North Avondale Blvd., Avondale, AZ 85392
Schedule: Must be flexible in working these 2 shifts: 7:30-4:30 and/or 8:00 - 5:00
Requirements: - Medical Assistant Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA) or American Medical Technologists (RMA) or 5 Years of Medical Assistant work experience instead of certification requirement. - Current BLS certification for Health Care Professionals from the American Heart Association - Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens), performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Phoenix Children's also provides aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us.