When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 11th time, Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellent service, and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
Aurora on France is Ebenezer's new, state of the art community, attached to Fairview Southdale Hospital in the heart of Edina, MN. It is conveniently located off of Hwy. 62 and France Ave. on the bus line. Aurora is a full continuum of care campus including Transitional Care, Enhanced Care and Assisted Living/Memory Care. We offer employees many benefits including free meals if you work a double shift, beautiful walking paths for your breaks and opportunities for growth both in the TCU and Assisted Living.
We are seeking a Nursing Assistant/Registered (CNA, NAR) to support our residents in our Skilled Nursing Facility. This role is responsible for providing hands on care and support services for our senior residents.
This patient support position includes;
- 64 hours in 2 weeks
- EVENING shift , typical shift time(s) is 2:00PM-10:30PM
- Every other weekend and typically a Holiday rotation
- Benefit eligible ( Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Retirement, Tuition reimbursement) https://www.ebenezercares.org/benefits.html
- Assists resident with personal cares based on individual plan of care (bathing, oral hygiene, grooming, toileting, nail care, dressing , showers and answers and responds to call lights)
- Support patients by helping to turn, lift or transfer
- Observes residents and reports status to appropriate staff in a clear, concise manner
- Chart or document in electronic medical record system
- Seeks to resolve resident and family concerns
- Receives and gives report to appropriate staff during various times in work shift
- Performs environmental and other responsibilities as assigned such as; order and cleanliness in rooms and work areas, reports malfunctioning equipment to maintenance department, and answers phones in a timely manner.
- May check and record vitals, per facility practice
- Active on MN Nursing Assistant registry by start date
- If not active on MN Nursing Assistant registry then must obtain within 4 months of hire date.
- Ability to work with a diverse and geriatric population
- Ability to communicate effectively with empathy and compassion for others
- Experience working in a patient support role (HHA, PCA, DSP, NA, Resident Assistant)
- Work experience in a customer service setting