Federal Work Study student workers assist various departments per the approved positions below. All work performed must be in the context of assisting students.
Approved positions include Activity Assistant, Career Services Student Assistant, Clinical Compliance Assistant, IT/Lab/Help Desk Student Assistant, Library Student Assistant, Registrar Support, Research Assistant, Resident Hall Advisor/Assistants, Student Finance Student Assistant, Student Services Assistant, Academic Support Student Assistant (Tutor/Peer Advisor).
• Provides tutoring support for Chamberlain students for both general education and nursing courses.
• Provide one on one and group tutoring appointments, leading group review sessions prior to exams in nursing and science courses.
• Maintain complete confidentiality regarding student information while adhering to the FERPA laws
• Promptly respond to student tutoring request.
• All other duties as assigned by CAS Manager.
• Promote CAS activities through classroom visits and orientations.
• Keep accurate records of tutoring sessions.
• Perform clerical duties as needed.
• Assist students with experimental procedures/assignments and results,
• Oversee lab experiments for adherence to safety precaution/procedures, and assisting lab instructors as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be an enrolled student within one of the Adtalem family of Institutes.
• Must be Federal Work Study eligible
• Minimum 3.25 GPA
• Strong leadership skills
• Ethical decision-making
• Attentive to detail
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Strong service attitude
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Adtalem Global Education
Chicago, IL, 60618
more details »