Don’t just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry. An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Starting pay $17/hr. plus experiential increases
- Adheres to established department and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Demonstrates ability to produce all recipes on restaurant menus in a consistent manner in accordance with menu standards.
- Demonstrates ability to perform advanced production and service skills to include set-up tasks of every station in the kitchen.
- Practices safe food handling and sanitation duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist other team members as needed without being asked.
- Complies with departmental policies as well as Company rules, regulations, and policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintains station in a neat and orderly manner; reports equipment malfunctions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A degree or certificate from a major culinary institute preferred.
- At least six (6) months of experience as a line Cook in a major hotel or food chain.
- Working knowledge of American and European pastries.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with Team Members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have working knowledge of food storage, knife handling and sharpening, weights & measures, stocks, soups and sauces, plate presentations, recipes and yields, Health Department regulations, sanitation and safety regulations.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Click HERE to see our Team Member BENEFITS.
Equal Opportunity Employer