Advanced Healthcare Center -
PERFORM CERTIFIED MEDICATION TECHNICIAN CARE PROCEDURES FOR RESIDENTS AS REQUIRED UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE CHARGENURSE.
- Set up and administer medication in accordance with physician’s orders and state/federal regulations.
- Display knowledge of side effects, interactions and nursing implications if common medications.
- Account for controlled drugs each shift and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Charting –routine medications, medication omissions, documentation of PRN medication given with follow up and any other pertinent observations.
- Maintain inventory of medications.
- Rounds with nurse and physician.
- Prepare monthly medication records.
PROVIDE PERSONAL CARE AND TREATMENT FUNCTION FOR RESIDENTS.
- Participate in and receive resident reports at start/end of shift.
- Provide personal/nursing care in accordance with resident care plan.
- Monitor & respond to resident requests and needs in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Maintain a clean and pleasant environment for residents.
- Assist in preparing residents for various activities within and outside the center.
- Ensure that all resident care is provided in a dignified and respectful manner.
- Perform dressing changes.
- Perform application of topical ointments.
- Administer enemas and vaginal irrigation.
- Administer nutritional supplements.
- May assist in resident feeding.
PERFORM BASIC NURSING CARE FUNCTIONS AS REQUIRED.
- Observe and respond to resident medical conditions.
- Obtain and report resident vital signs.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge Nurse/Team Leader as soon as practical.
CREATE A CLEAN, COMFORTABLE AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR RESIDENTS AND ENSURE THAT THEIR NEEDS ARE MET.
- Maintain physical environment in a clean, safe, and pleasant manner.
- Promptly report any violations of established safety procedures.
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Assist residents in adjusting to their new home environment.
- Report any violations of resident dignity, neglect, or abuse.
MAINTAIN RESIDENT DOCUMENTATION RECORDS FOR ACTITIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING, RESTORATIVE PROGRAMS AND RESIDENT SPECIFIC FORMS.
- Record all resident information as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident information.
ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN SCHEDULED TRAINING, EDUCATIONAL, CLASSES AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMS TO MAINTAIN CERTIFICATION AND ENHANCE THE QUALITY OF CARE.
- Attend 12 hours of in-services per year.
- Attend any mandatory meeting as required by your center.
PERFORM OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS REQUIRED OR ASSIGNED.
MAINTAIN AND WORK WITHIN ESTABLISHED DEPARTMENTAL, CENTER AND CORPORATE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, OBJECTIVES, QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND SAFETY PROGRAMS, AND ENVIRONMENTAL AND INFECTION CONTROL STANDARDS.
- Promptly reports any suspected resident abuse, neglect or misappropriation to the DON.