Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
The Educational Instructor will provide basic education and or GED preparation to all residents by facilitating an environment in which residents can learn math and reading skills to be able to function in society. The Educational Instructor will provide English as a Secondary Language (Foreign Students), English as a Primary Language (American speaking students who never completed high school), and a Literacy Program (American students who can speak English but cannot read or write).
*Basic Adult Education and GED Instruction
*SC Teaching Certification Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Special Education preferred.
- One to three years of experience in education or a related field.
- Must have skills to teach basic math and English.
- Must have experience in conducting adult educational classes.
- Must have ability to work with special needs adults.
- Must be able to pass and maintain clearance for a Public Trust Position, if applicable.
- Certificate to teach basic education or eligible to become certified.
- Serves as liaison between designated school district and facility.
- Responsible for following adult education guidelines and schedule set forth by designated school district.
- Responsible for attending and maintaining professional development training through designated school district.
- Establish a basic level of functioning for students.
- Implement a comprehensive plan that will display knowledge, skills, and abilities to enhance each student’s learning.
- Plan instruction and identify teaching methods with materials that are most appropriate for the learner.
- Generate the educational weekly learning plans.
- Utilize GED assessments as a baseline four months post classes to measure progress of the learner.
- Complete educational assessments for new admissions.
- Complete educational summaries for individual care plans every six months.
- Collaborate with clinicians to communicate resident issues concerns, and/or progress.
- Complete at least one (1) Performance Improvement project every 3-4 months (track reading/math levels.)
- Maintain up to date educational resources for GED classes.
- Provide English Secondary Language classes if population is applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/