Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Nurse Supervisor for our short-term/detox inpatient facility in Deer Park, TX.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for working closely with nursing, program and clinical staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for all clients. Responsible for supervision of all other nursing staff.
- Manage nursing staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for clients, including routine treatment per procedure or as prescribed.
- Review all client referrals and screens to ensure eligibility and appropriateness for admission.
- Maintain processes with nursing staff and insurance department to ensure quality length of stay and maximize revenue.
- Ensure initial contact is made between nursing staff and insurance billing department.
- Ensure appropriate pre-authorizations within designated deadlines including completing all appropriate forms/ documentation necessary to get authorization.
- Coordinate with physician to ensure appropriate client care and any necessary updates to medication protocols to meet current best practices.
- Work closely and communicates effectively with access center team to ensure all persons interested in detox admission to Cenikor are contacted within the required time frame and admissions are completed as appropriate.
- Complete any required documentation and reporting for access center as required.
- Work closely with Program Director to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Manage department costs, including medications, supplies and staff hours to ensure annual budget is met.
- Assist in all functions associated with Admissions including collecting and coordinating collection of client responsibility with Business Manager and Accounting Assistant.
- Responsible for knowing 3rd Party Payor process related to verification, authorization and reauthorization as well as client responsibility and collections.
- Work with insurance and billing department to actively manager 3rd Party Payor clients to ensure client care and fiscal responsibility.
- Manage administration process of prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
- Provide information to clients regarding medication, nutrition, STD’s and hygiene in an individual or group setting.
- Observe clients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify physician and facility director of issues. Monitor vital signs upon admission, during treatment and upon discharge.
- Serve as Infection Control Coordinator including required reporting of infectious disease to health department. Develops medical components of treatment plan and completes nursing assessments.
- Track infections, STD’s and positive VDRL, HIV, verifying or referring for treatment.
- Administers specified medication, and notes time and amount on patients’ charts. Attend staff meetings on clients’ progress.
- Oversee routine laboratory work, such as urinalysis, blood draw as required and maintain accurate records of specimens. Order and distribute supplies as needed.
- Monitor treatment of diabetic clients to ensure proper caloric intake and coordinates to ensure a proper diet. Observe patients and reports adverse reactions to physician.
- Maintain certification as CPR Instructor in order to train and certify all staff, as well as administer CPR in emergency situations.
- Ensure the completion of a physical assessment and obtain medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
- Manage all training of nursing staff including yearly in-services required by licensing and CARF standards.
- Ensure completion of Big 5 performance management tool for clinical staff by the required deadlines and use of SMART goals to support annual performance compensation review.
- Coordinate with the Program Director and Human Resource Department for staffing, training, employee relations issues, performance evaluations and maintenance of personnel files, documentation and licensure requirements for nursing staff.
- Complete administrative duties as needed to ensure appropriate client health services, including policy and procedure updates.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experienced in providing medical care to a diverse ethnic and cultural population.
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Minimum of three (3) years nursing experience preferably in providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Current licensure as RN or Nurse Practitioner
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR