Meridian Bioscience is a fully integrated life science company that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes a broad range of innovative diagnostic products. We are dedicated to developing and delivering better solutions that give answers with speed, accuracy and simplicity that are redefining the possibilities of life from discovery to diagnosis. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals that help drive our vision. Our innovative culture will allow interested candidates to discover and create, through collaboration, cutting edge solutions to tough problems.
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for all tasks related to supporting and nurturing Life Science to meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals. As a key member of the global Commercial team, the Inside Sales Manager is a critical contributor to the sales cycle and responsible for supporting the Life Science divisions lead management process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving incremental growth by researching and identifying business opportunities and subsequently delivering qualified opportunities to the field-based sales team. The Inside Sales Manager will be responsible for a team with the same objectives of total customer satisfaction with an eye on profitability.
- Daily mentorship and direction of the Inside Sales team that are dedicated to global
- Create and successfully execute full budget and territory for global inside sales team
- Utilize lead generation platforms and subscriptions to generate reports of new business opportunities
- Establish or reestablish customer relationships by contacting new or inactive accounts/prospects. Specific functions may include: introducing products, sales programs, and promotions to assist business development.
- Participate in training as it relates to product lines, systems, corporate account strategies, territory strategies and LIFE SCIENCE strategy.
- Prepare proposals for customers to include quotations, product literature, system design details, and performance specifications. Guide Inside Sales team to tailor proposals to the business and application needs of the customer.
- Manage existing clients for continued growth and performance
- Support the Sales Operations Manager in conducting product promotions including sample activities, review and identify strategic direction, problem areas and opportunities to promote sales growth. Conduct lead generation activities as set by plan.
- Engage with field Sales & Commercial leadership team for development and execution of prospect lists and territory plans
- Support the Commercial team with reports related to pipeline management, and prioritizing top opportunities
- In conjunction with the Commercial Leadership team, assist in generating sales strategies to sell Meridian’s entire Life Science portfolio
- Global contract negotiation, as needed, in support of the Sales Operations Manager.
- Maintain up-to-date relevant metrics for proposals, contracts, conversion rates, and revenues. Provide additional metrics, as requested.
- Provide feedback to Marketing team to improve target profiling, prioritization, and qualification criteria used for Lead Management
- Collaborate with Commercial Leadership team to effectively identify qualified opportunities which meet the business unit’s strategic goals
- Promote customer support excellence through appropriately times hand-off of qualified opportunities
- Lead the Inside Sales team for proper upkeep of Meridian’s Life Science CRM platform to include management of pipeline, forecast, and quote management
- Follow-up on leads that come in from the website, marketing activities, tradeshows, etc., to validate and then properly execute or escalate to proper commercial channel
- Makes full use of all company systems such as XA, MasterCONTROL, Salesforce, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Life Sciences
- Must have the managerial ability to effectively organize, communicate and direct people
- Distinct knowledge of life science industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Life Science/Biotech industry with customer facing or management experience – preferably in a sales & business development or project management role
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Sales experience and/or a proven track record in an outbound sales environment required
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately assess the importance of a phone call, email, or document and take appropriate action to involve the appropriate people.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of extremely sensitive data, records, files, conversations, etc.
- Strong planning skills.
- Participate in key conferences and seminars to promote the entire Meridian product offer.
- Detailed usage of CRM (SFDC), accurately categorizes pipeline according to probability and sales cycle stage in order to create a reliable revenue forecast
- Manage the preparation and review of all customer proposals and contracts
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper global management.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills, leveraged by computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Global forecast management for entire Life Science portfolio
- Ability to work with and influence people without formal authority and to work well with other departments within the company
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork abilities: ability to work within or lead a team
- Ability to train, coach and mentor including onboarding training for Inside Sales team
- Ability to manage stressful situations and quickly changing priorities while remaining calm
Requirements (Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands):
- Customer and market focused, aware, and driven.
- High need and proven ability to set and accomplish goals to deliver results.
- Proactive, energetic, a self-starter.
- Forms and values strong interpersonal relationships.
- Attitude and ability to work in team environment, a team builder and effective collaborator.
- High integrity, sincerity, and standards.
- Sits at desk for extended periods of time
- Heavy phone and computer work
- May require small amount of travel to customers and trade shows (<25% of time)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.