|Company:||HCA, Hospital Corporation of America|
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Supervisor - Sterile Processing to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland – Pearland, Texas
Supervisor Sterile Processing
As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland which offers 33 licensed beds and shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The Woman’s Hospital of Texas and HCA Healthcare Clear Lake.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
The position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital which is to provide patients with the highest quality of healthcare within an atmosphere of genuine caring.
Responsible for collaboration with leadership team in planning, directing, and supervision of all functions of Central Sterile Processing Department.
• Responsible for assisting with Quality Control of all equipment, supplies in the department, and for reporting all control data to Manager of SPD.
• Performs delegated functions in compliance with hospital and departmental Policies and procedures.
• Assists in the Quality Improvement Processing of the department.
• Assumes responsibility for unit operation, in absence of the Manager.
• Participates in and promotes positive peer and guest relations.
• Demonstrates Knowledge of decontamination methods
• Demonstrates Knowledge of operation of decontamination equipment
• Demonstrates Knowledge of packing materials and systems (e.g. peel pack, wrap, Containers.)
• Demonstrates Knowledge of care handling inspection, safety testing, Accountability and functionality of surgical instruments, tray assembly and use of IMPRESS tracking system
• Demonstrates Knowledge of parameters of sterilization.
• Demonstrates Knowledge of parameters of sterile storage
• Demonstrates Knowledge of methods, parameters and documentation of
• Sterilization (e.g. Steams, ETO, gas plasma, ozone vapor phase peroxide etc.)
• Demonstrates Associate monitoring controls. (E.g. Chemical and biological Monitors)
• Demonstrates Knowledge and development of measurable competencies for Department.Qualifications
What qualifications you will need:
• Previous sterile processing or operating room experience required.
• Flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the departments served.
• Knowledge of sterilization procedures required.
• Certified Sterile Processing Preferred.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.:
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: