Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Our Case Worker provides case management services to offenders in a correctional facility. Responsibilities include designing, developing, and coordinating individual treatment programs, counseling offenders within scope of practice and coordinating services with other social service agencies. Maintain effective communication with facility staff and community resources as well as maintain accountability for services provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience in professional case management, preferably in a correctional setting.
- Full or conditional licensure as a Licensed Social Worker as issued by the Office of Professional and Occupation Regulation.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Designs, develops and coordinates individualized treatment programs in order to meet offender needs.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with community agencies.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Facility Staff and appropriate probation, behavioral health and medical staff.
- Responsible to abide by security regulations, including limits of confidentiality of patient information requirements of the Facility.
- Counsel offenders within scope of practice on issues related to social institutional adjustments, legal issues, etc. in order to facilitate adjustment to prison environment.
- Identify individual offender problems in order to recommend potential solutions.
- Assist patient in making appointment with community agencies for continuation of services.
- Communicate and maintain positive working relationship with appropriate Unit Team Staff and other facility staff also assigned to casework activities.
- Submits recommendations at Classification and Treatment Board meetings concerning school, job assignments and programming in order to facilitate ITP implementation.
- Document services provided to the patient in the appropriate record, including contacts with community providers or probation staff after patient’s release from custody.
- Develops, records and maintains a complete psychosocial file on all offenders referred to a treatment team in order to determine individual needs and develop appropriate ITP.
- Provide educational group counseling related to risk reduction and re-entry as well as other groups deemed appropriate for the offender population within scope of practice.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/