We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to be our Milling Supervisor for our Melrose Park manufacturing plant. Milling Supervisor is responsible for running a department, coordinating the management of the department across three shifts and around 30 machinists. Employee will organize the coordination of the mill process to optimize the use of all resources and equipment in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals in parts production. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the machinery and supporting functions. The shift supervisor will effectively lead machine crews to ensure that all products are manufactured in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner in accordance with company policies and customer specifications. The safety and health of employees take precedence over any other duties of this position.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with shop employees and plant management, to organize and schedule the work
- Ensure production goals and deadline are met
- Review drawings for manufacturing errors and work with engineering department to correct them
- Monitor and make recommendations to maintain and improve efficiencies
- Report any machine or process problems to Manager/ Maintenance
- Be able to perform multiple tasks and manage multiple project simultaneously
- Monitor job efficiencies and develop corrective action
- Perform various other duties as assigned by plant management
- Follow and adhere by all safety guidelines established by the company.
- Extensive manufacturing background in CNC machining and specially milling.
- Working knowledge and experience on a variety of CNC machines and controls (Haas, Mazak), cutting exotic material, and inspection.
- Working experience under pressure in rush and fast pace environment
- Good mathematical and print reading skills
- Knowledge of CNC programming, machine setup, tooling, fixtures, material, and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5 years minimum experience in supervision.
- Computer skills
- Aerospace MFG experience is a big plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree preferred
- Combination of education and experience will also be considered
Powered by JazzHR