In response to the Covid-19 crisis, Squirrel Hill Health Center (SHHC), a dynamic and growing Federally Qualified Health Center in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a part time Telehealth Outpatient Therapist. The Telehealth Outpatient Therapist will work as a member of the interdisciplinary primary care/mental health team to evaluate, treat and assist patients in overcoming mental health, social/emotional, and economic barriers that prevent optimal health and well-being. As a clinical specialist, the Telehealth Outpatient Therapist will work with the staff Psychiatrist to assess and provide brief/intermittent therapeutic interventions for patients who have co-morbid mental health and substance use issues, adhering to practice standards as well as regulatory standards. The Telehealth Outpatient Therapist will connect patients who require ongoing clinical services beyond the scope of the Squirrel Hill Health Center to appropriate agencies, coordinating all aspects to ensure full compliance with mental health laws and confidentiality. The Telehealth Outpatient Therapist will provide patient, staff, and community and staff education seminars.
- Psychosocial Assessment – Assesses, reassesses and treats patients for psychological (mental health, substance use) problems that impact their ability to care for their medical conditions, family obligations and their general well-being.
- Documentation – Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation in Electronic Health Record including assessment, plan of care, education of patient, progress toward goals, service rendered and outcomes in accordance with professional standards.
- Crisis Intervention – Intervenes in high stress or emergency situations to promote treatment plans and compliance, adhering to ethical and regulatory standards and ensuring appropriate use of resources.
- Patient Counseling – Provides therapeutic, goal-directed brief and/or intermittent counseling services to patients and families to ameliorate factors adversely impacting desired patient outcomes.
- Group Therapy – Provides group therapy sessions for patients around different topics as directed by the Chief Medical Officer and Psychiatrist.
- Home Visits – From time to time may make house calls as determined necessary by the Chief Medical Officer and Psychiatrist.
- Information and Referral – Provides accurate information regarding community resources and eligibility, demonstrates expertise in linking patients to services, completes free care applications.
- Patient Education – Teaches patients, families and community members in informal and structured settings. Assesses learning needs and evaluates outcomes.
- Quality – As guided by the Patient Centered Medical Home model, seeks to ensure patient satisfaction and improved clinical
- LCSW or LPC with a minimum of two years social work experience in community health care environment.
- Licensed and credentialed by local behavioral health insurance companies.
- Experience in mental health and substance abuse evaluations and treatment required.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Basic computer skills and ability to work in EHR required.
- Knowledge of Spanish or Nepali a plus.
- Desire to serve underserved population required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Powered by JazzHR