Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Contract Nurse Practitioner for our Amarillo, Texas facility. Schedule: 1-3 hours per day, based on needs of our client population.
- Perform patient screenings, assessments, history and physicals.
- Order tests and serve as a client’s primary healthcare provider.
- Prescribe medication as allowed by license and complete rounds on clients.
- Review client’s medical records, keep client charts and order and review lab tests as needed.
- Deliver a high quality of client care services and conduct follow up appointments for ongoing care.
- Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
- Administer CPR in emergency situations.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality on all Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of five (5) years nursing experience as an Nurse Practitioner required
- Experience providing care for individuals with alcohol and substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment preferred
- Collaborative practice agreement for supervisor and buprenorphine waiver preferred
- Experience with CMBHS or other electronic health record system preferred
- Familiarity with EHR’s and medical charting systems preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
Powered by JazzHR