Cenikor Foundation is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Vocational Services Manager for our long-term inpatient facility located in Deer Park, TX. Schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
The Vocational Services Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the vocational services operation.
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with vocational services partners.
- Consider new jobs and projects for net profit, cash, investment, stability, risk factors and growth, then accurately prepare competitive bids.
- Remain aware of local market conditions and project realistic sales figures.
- Verify all business partner invoices or requisitions then obtain proper approval using the signing authority as a guideline.
- Assign job activities to assistants according to nature and importance of function and the abilities, aptitude and skills required.
- Develop training methods best suited for residents, observe residents working at vocational services jobs and monitor performance.
- Budget for materials, capital expenditures and related expenses for the vocational services department.
- Provide a concise and well-organized production report to the Facility Director per deadline or as requested.
- Manage aging and collections process in coordination with the Business Manager.
- Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Participate in the facility Quality Assurance program.
- Participate in transportation process to ensure compliance to facility standards.
- Ensure complaints are handled appropriately.
- Work closely with Facility Director to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to Facility Director.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of and skill with therapeutic community concepts including games, rules, tools and behavior management.
- Strong persuasive communication/selling skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include public speaking and/or and the ability to present to large groups
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead by establishing goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work and to respond to Vocational partners beyond normal working hours as needed.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of management experience preferred.
- Therapeutic community experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in temporary staffing industry or workforce development preferred.
- DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR