Cenikor Foundation is a nonprofit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Program Manager I for our facility in Deer Park, TX.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday - Saturday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Under direction from the Program Director, this position will be responsible for the management of the behavioral health techs and operational staff, physical plant, vehicles and transportation, food services and other duties as assigned. Responsible for helping to ensure clients understand and comply with the standards and operational procedures of the program.
- Manage the hiring, orientation, training, scheduling and disciplinary action when necessary for behavioral health technicians and operational staff, with the direction of the VP/Program Director and the human resources department. Monitor staff for compliance with DSHS and CARF standards as required by regulation or contract.
- Maintain schedule to accommodate census and outing needs for clients per regulation.
- Manage any external vendors or contractors and the bid process to ensure building maintenance needs are addressed within budget and in a timely manner.
- Oversee physical plant operations to ensure current compliance with regulatory standards.
- Coordinate activities with facility staff to ensure efficient facility operations twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Enforce program policies and guidelines as outlined by Program Director.
- Maintains locked doors as per facility policy, making security checks to ensure that the integrity of security is intact and the safety of clients is maintained. Refers problems and/or deficiencies to proper authority.
- Ensures housekeeping duties are completed such as assisting with washing client’s clothes and other duties necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for clients. Supervises client chores consisting of general cleaning of physical surroundings and furnishings in patient care area. Maintains a neat and clean employee area.
- Participates and assists clinical treatment team members with groups in therapeutic activities. Maintains awareness of and documents whereabouts of clients at all times, reporting problems appropriately. Recognizes and intervenes in disturbed/aggressive behavior as soon as signs of disruptive behavior are recognized. Participates as an active member in treatment team meetings, advising others of observations and recommendations.
- Coordinate with long-term facility staff responsible for daily meal planning and preparation to ensure quality and timely service for clients.
- Work closely with Program Director to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Oversee transportation and vehicle maintenance process to ensure effective and efficient use of Foundation resources.
- Coordinate the transportation process to ensure compliance to facility standards/requirements.
- Interface with Program Director on day-to-day operating expenses.
- Participate in the facility Quality Assurance program and monthly meeting.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable of vehicle and physical plant maintenance and operations.
- Knowledgeable in therapeutic community operations and concepts.
- Knowledgeable about substance abuse treatment, prevention and aftercare.
- Experienced in working with various types of people.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead by established goals and objectives.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Good ethical and business standards.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required Word, Excel and specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Facilities maintenance/management preferred.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR