|Location:||Strathmoor Village, KY|
Provides delegated components of nursing care to patients including monitoring, specimen collection, psycho-education, assistance with activities of daily living and behavior management in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and practice.
1. Assumes personal responsibility for maintaining professional development and practice, any certification or credentialing, and education.
2. Observes and monitors patient’s status according to patient monitoring standards, policies and procedures. This includes completion of vital signs, weight log, intake and output, dietary intake, rounds sheets, behavioral rounds sheets, narrative logs and admission checklists or other progress or milieu notes. Reports patient complaints of pain or other concerns in a timely manner.
3. Provides verbal and written input to nursing staff via ongoing reporting and end of shift report so patient’s needs and care can be prioritized.
4. Demonstrates proficiency and skill in providing care to patients; orienting to unit, transport; de-escalation; teaching of coping skills, conflict resolution, problem solving skills; specimen collection; assistance with activities of daily living; admission & discharge procedures, response to codes; use of SCM techniques.
5. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and evaluation of patient/family response to the interventions; reports changes in condition to the nurse assigned.
6. Demonstrates the ability to co-leads patient psycho-educational groups on the unit as well as provide care in a manner that is consistent with Personal Intervention Plans used on the specialty units. Takes initiative to ensure that active treatment is occurring on their unit as scheduled.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Certification:
-High School diploma or GED.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
-Able to complete Safe Crisis Management and able to perform Safe Crisis Management techniques required.
-1 year social services experience post high school required.
-15 college credit hours required.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: