WellNow Urgent Care℠ is here to help our patients get well. Founded as Five Star Urgent Care in 2011 by Dr. John Radford, we rebranded as WellNow Urgent Care in 2018 to better reflect our mission of offering the care you need with the convenience you crave for all non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses. With new center openings, and the acquisitions of MASH and Hometown Urgent Care, our footprint has grown to 85+locations throughout New York, Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan. Our growth-focused model positions us as one of the fastest-growing providers of quality urgent, virtual, and occupational care – contributing to our Urgent Care Association accreditation, a designation earned by just 10% of urgent care facilities. To keep our promise of being healthcare at its most convenient, our centers are open daily for walk-ins or check-ins as early as 7 am until as late as 11pm, with 24/7 virtual care. Join our team of remarkable providers, be trained to accurately diagnose and treat a wide range of ailments, and play an integral role in encouraging our PULSE values.
Urgent Care Clinical Leads (CLs) (ASMs) functions is a leadership position that will manage the overall operations of the UC facility, ensuring the WellNow mission, vision, culture, and strategy for future growth. The Clinical Lead also provides expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. Responsible for leading and supporting the daily operations of their assigned Site including patient satisfaction, site organization and inventory, employee engagement, team selection, performance, and development.
Quality Care and Patient Safety
- Assists and identifies opportunities for improvement and executes improvement plans approved by the Multi-site Managers and Regional Lead Providers.
- Supervises the orientation, training and cross training of clinic staff to ensure that all competencies, policies, established practices and standards are followed and adhered to in partnership with the Multi-Site Manager and Provider
- Communicates job expectations and conducts individual and group coaching and training interventions for new and tenured clinic employees
- Collaborates with the Provider to facilitate daily briefing and monthly meetings.
- Assists with partnering with leadership in partnership with Multi-site Manager to manage site staffing levels to ensure the office is adequately staffed to serve patients.
- Monitors patient flow to ensure clinic is operating efficiently at all times. Works with all site staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and that patients receive high quality care and services. Monitors wait times and seeks to reduce wait times as much as possible. Utilizes surge protocol as needed or when requested by Provider.
- Assists and facilitates support as needed and requested to or by Providers.
- Actively consults with Providers to ensure optimal conditions in the delivery of patient care.
- Assists with oversight of all clinic staff and activities to ensure the correct and timely delivery of all services.
- Follows established scripts and protocols including patient rooming, discharge and call backs.
- Ensures the office is OSHA compliant and housekeeping and preventative equipment maintenance schedules are followed.
- Accountable for completion and oversight of ‘Clinical Lead To Do and To Delegate” list when leader on duty.
- Treats patients, visitors, medical staff, colleagues and others with compassion and respect. Strives for excellent patient satisfaction.
- Handles patient and visitor issues and complaints utilizing the grievance policy and procedure.
- Follow through on programs, practices and team leadership to improve operations, staff retention and employee engagement.
- Direct oversight of occupational medicine at site.
- Monitors site metrics; including patient satisfaction, patient visits and expenditures.
- Assist with addressing individual or team performance deficiencies in collaboration with Multi-site Managers and Provider
- Assists in managing accounts receivables/bad debt for their site.
- Submit weekly orders via approved vendor for supplies, review scheduling for any errors, openings, or potential conflicts, and review scheduled testing visits in EMR for any conflicts or needed updates.
- Submit, review, and correct any required reporting, and review budgeted total for office expenses.
- Participates in the development and leads the execution of UC goals and objectives with Multi-Site Manager. Clearly communicates goals and objectives to employees.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization working effectively as a team member with other members of management and the clinic staff
- Assists with creating a work schedule for all clinical positions in partnership with Provider. Ensures adequate staffing at all times. Varies staffing levels as indicated by patient volume and efficiency standards. Multi-site Manager will have final approval of schedule.
- Assists with employee timekeeping, attendance tracking, absence management, and approvals in a timely manner.
- Partners with leadership and provider to actively recognize and reward the Site team and individual Site team members for meeting goals and demonstrating behaviors consistent with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Supports pilot initiatives such as, but not limited to new systems, new processes, etc.
- High School or GED required
- College degree preferred
- LPN, MA, RT or other applicable clinical state license required.
- Certification from an accredited clinical-based program (e.g., certified medical assistant, radiologic technologist, basic x-ray machine operator, or paramedic)
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Evening and weekend hours required for this role
- May be required to work alternate shifts and may be required to float to other clinic locations.
- May be required to work in a staff position to fill open shifts.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Skilled in organizing and establishing priorities.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- At least 1-2 years of medical office/healthcare experience
- Prior management and healthcare experience
- At least 2 years of experience and expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability of utilizing and executing administrative systems and processes consistently and proficiently to contribute to operational success
- Excellent communication skills with all levels and amongst team leaders
- Traveling required throughout all clinic locations within assigned Area