|Location:||Deer Park, TX|
Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently looking for a part time Licensed Vocational Nurse for our facility in Deer Park, TX.
Schedule: Various days and hours
The LVN is responsible for working closely with nursing, program and clinical staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for all clients.
1. Provide health services and professional nursing care for clients, including routine treatment per procedure or as prescribed. Coordinate client care with nurse manager and/or physician supervision.
2. Maintain processes with insurance department to ensure quality length of stay and maximize revenue.
3. Receive, update and pass on shift report per standards and timeframes as required.
4. Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients and family members at time of admission.
5. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
6. Act as charge nurse in absence of RN or Interim RN Manager, including handling client and facility issues and communicating with appropriate management/physician as necessary.
7. Provide information to clients regarding medication, nutrition, STD’s and hygiene in an individual or group setting.
8. Oversee routine laboratory work, such as urinalysis, blood draw as required and maintain accurate records of specimens.
9. Observe clients, record significant conditions and reactions, and notifies physician, nursing supervisor, and facility director of issues as appropriate. Monitor vital signs upon admission, during treatment and upon discharge.
10. Document and upload medications, physician’s orders, treatment plans, and nursing assessments, and progress notes to Welligent and CMBHS.
11. Document alternative group notes in Welligent. 12. Maintain patient records by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information utilizing appropriate computer software for reporting and appropriate billing and authorization purposes.
13. Develop medical components of treatment plan and completes nursing assessments. Track infections, STD’s and positive VDRL, HIV, verifying or referring for treatment. Administer specified medication, and notes time and amount on patients’ charts. Attend staff meetings on clients’ progress.
14. Administer CPR in emergency situations.
15. Answer phones in nurse station as needed, taking messages and transferring calls as necessary.
16. Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality on all Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
17. Responsible for knowing 3rd party payor process related to verification, authorization and reauthorization as well as client responsibility and collections. Work with insurance billing department to actively manager 3rd party payor clients to ensure quality care and fiscal responsibility.
18. Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
19. Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and help create a positive working environment for all team members.
20. Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Powered by JazzHR
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: