As a Service Advisor with Preston Chevrolet of Aberdeen in Aberdeen, MD, you’ll be working in our service departments and providing a superior customer experience. This position acts as the go-between for Technicians and customers. The Dealership and customer will look to you to explain the Technician’s recommendations and suggest necessary maintenance and repair needs to keep the vehicle safe. You are empowered to take care of the customer and have an active role in the service lane.
What are the requirements for this job?
- Ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Drive to achieve personal goals
- Attention to detail
- Communication and organizational skills
- Constant follow up before and after the service visit
- Valid in-state driver’s license and an acceptable, safe driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
What to expect in this role:
- Review your appointments – some may be set by a BDC representative or dealership website
- Greet and focus on customers when they arrive
- Perform a vehicle walk-around and inspect every vehicle
- Provide an estimate of time for service
- Be cognizant of the length of time throughout the visit
- Follow up with customers on the status of their vehicle on their preferred communication platform
- Advise customer of recommended maintenance or repair work needed to keep their vehicle safe
- Communicate frequently with technicians and parts associates
- Become an expert on product knowledge to assist with customer questions
- Meet or exceed targeted sales goals
- Follow up with customers post visit to ensure we met their expectations
Why should I work for Preston Automotive Group
- Family Owned and Operated since 1977.
- A culture that treats each other like family and are active members in the communities we serve.
- We believe in the power of marketing yourself and your brand and we will assist you in that development to take you to the next level.
- Leadership and the tools needed to support you and our customers. Management that cares about you and your personal development. Tools include CRM and equity mining tool to assist with sales opportunities
- Represent 11 different brands, 3 body shops, 1 customs shop, 3 service centers, and 2 mobile service vans.
Will I receive training?
- We proudly invest in our team. You will start with hands-on training, followed by consistent digital and classroom training opportunities.
Preston Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.