The Mobile Application Developer is a full-time position that works with Menards Team Member and guest-facing mobile applications. The position requires a highly motivated, team-oriented person with excellent communication skills and an emphasis in mobile development including JAVA, Kotlin, C# (Xamarin), Objective-C, Swift and/or VB.NET languages and frameworks.
* Development & Support:
- Using Kotlin, C# (Xamarin), Objective-C, Swift and/or VB.NET languages and frameworks to develop and maintain current mobile applications
- Research, analyze, and propose new features/enhancements for the mobile applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Keep up-to-date on the latest advancements in mobile technology
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Provide weekly updated task information on projects that are being worked on
- Work with store, Helpdesk, and technical support Team Members to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Meet with Users to evaluate customer satisfaction
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of User's operations to facilitate communication regarding User's requirements
- Actively participate in developing program specifications, writing code, testing, and implementing program changes and program development
- Develop test plans and thoroughly test/debug all programs prior to implementation
- Work closely with Team Leads and Project Managers in providing timeline and task information through analysis based on a proposed project scope
- Work with stores, Help desk, and technical support Team Members to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Follow and reinforce Menards Values
- Must have a Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field
- Experience with Native iOS Mobile Development is preferred.
- Experience with Native Android Mobile Development is preferred.
- Experience with .NET Xamarin Mobile Development Platform is preferred.
- Experience using scalable web-based RESTful APIs is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching mobile apps is preferred.
- Experience with mobile device development such as smartphone, tablets, and specific use handheld devices (example: barcode scanners) is preferred
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills is required
- Excellent software and hardware troubleshooting skills is necessary
- Excellent communication skills is necessary
- Working knowledge of both MacOS and Windows is preferred
- Should be able to work well on both individual and team-oriented projects
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Candidates must be able to work ONSITE at the Menards Corporate Office in Eau Claire, WI
Visit us at www.menards.com/careers to explore all Career Opportunities.