MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Set up machine for operation in accordance with established product specifications.
- Adjust equipment for speed, temperature, etc. as necessary to meet specifications.
- Load appropriate supplies for continuous feed of material through machine.
- Visually inspect output for required quality standards.
- Perform minor troubleshooting of machine operating problems.
- Record outputs/metrics as required.
- Minimize material waste in order to reduce cost.
- Cross train to gain the ability to work with a variety of equipment.
- Contribute to Departmental Safety goals by reporting issues with equipment that could cause injury.
- Communicate issues to the appropriate people as they arise.
- Fill in when Group Lead is not present.
- Implement lock/tag out procedures as necessary.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); recognize and practice Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP).
- Keep assigned area clean.
- Ability to move up to lift 50 pounds.
- Follow instructions and assist others as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Required to stand and use hands to handle or feel raw material.
- Regular exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold or hot temperature.
- The job candidate must be dependable, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, able to work under minimal supervision
- The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.