The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 6a-2:30p with rotating weekends. At Houston Methodist, the Imaging Representative is responsible for performing routine administrative duties which include; patient check in/check out functions, telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, registration, and appointment scheduling to facilitate the patient visit experience. Responsible for ensuring physician orders and/or insurance authorization have been obtained. Other duties include responding to patient record requests and/or providing general operations assistance specific to the scope of the department.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
Focuses on patient/customer safetyDelivers personalized service using HM Service StandardsProvides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being metInvolves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports byenabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 35%
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
- Uses excellent communication skills (verbal, nonverbal, written) to provide the highest quality service during every patient, physician, guest, employee, or other encounter. Responds promptly to requests by staff, patients, physicians, and other members of the patient care team. Recognizes and responds appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols. (EF)
- Communicates with departments throughout facility when barriers to the current schedule present. Provides appropriate notification of issues that may result in service delays or denials. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
- Maintains a safe and welcoming environment for patients, staff and visitors, contributing to patient, employee and physician satisfaction. (EF)
- Performs patient check in/check out functions. Obtains and inputs accurate scheduling and registration data to initiate financial clearance activities as needed. (EF)
- Responds to patient records requests per protocol; updates EMR as needed. Provides other administrative assistance as directed. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 15%
- Serves as a liaison for the patient, medical staff, and visitors. Appropriately and in coordination with department protocols communicates to resolve patient and quality service matters. Keeps open channels of communication with physician, patient, and service areas regarding action taken and resolution. (EF)
- Conveys patient information to others appropriately while complying with patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations. May assist clinical staff as per scope of treatment center. (EF)
FINANCE - 15%
- Works with patient access staff to confirm insurance authorization has been obtained as needed. Educates patients and others about potential financial responsibilities as necessary. (EF)
- Organizes time effectively, minimizing incidental overtime, and sets priorities. Utilizes time between heavy workloads efficiently and helps other team members. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 5%
- Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that will improve quality or service. (EF)
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
- One year of experience in a strong customer service environment
- Experience in a healthcare related work environment preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Strong customer service, phone and scheduling skills
- Basic computer skills in word processing applications and ability to utilize software systems such as the electronic medical record
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Other (dept approved)||Yes|
|On-Call* ||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|| |
|May require travel outside||No|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|| |
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: Ability to flex hours to meet operational needs related to unanticipated volume changes or problems
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital tied for No. 4 in Houston and No. 6 (three-way tie) in Texas in U.S. News & World Report’s best hospital rankings in 2020. With 316 operating beds, 24 operating rooms and over 2,400 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.