The ideal candidate will demonstrate professionalism and excellent communication skills to foster and contribute to a collegial environment, with the primary focus of providing outstanding care to our patients and their families.
- Regularly monitor and assess patient flow. Constantly strive to improve quality of care delivered.
- Maintain high OSHA standards for clinical area.
- Staffing/Schedule – Prepare rotating work schedule and ensure adequate staffing pattern of clinical team depending on provider schedules and that which meets patient needs.
- Lead and evaluate clinical team members – Assist with review of revision of job descriptions and duties. Provide orientation for new team members. Assist the Supervisor/Manager with feedback on clinical team members as needed and as required for evaluations.
- Education/meetings/teaching – Meet with clinical staff on a regular basis. Provide education and updates as needed to clinical team, attend in-services/educational sessions for professional growth and development.
- Supplies and Equipment – Monitor and order supplies for the clinical area as needed, including medications, vaccines and patient educational materials. Ensure that equipment is in good working order and that all staff is trained in proper use. Maintain crash cart and its contents. Ensure proper documentation.
- Manage day to day activities of clinical staff.
- Provide excellent, clear documentation in every area of the office. All patient documentation is done in the Electronic Health Record (Allscripts).
- Work closely with providers to ensure patient and family needs are met in an expeditious manner.
- Prepare patient for physician visit; obtain and document appropriate vital signs, accurately plot measurements, and calculate BMI. Will complete any necessary paperwork for the patient experience.
- Clinical duties; injections (including immunizations), other forms of medication administration, breathing treatments, Pulmonary Function Testing, dressings, vision/hearing testing, suture removal, patient education, and assisting physician with procedures.
- Laboratory testing; specimen collection (including finer sticks/heel sticks), performing tests, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Patient triage; telephone and walk-in triage, documentation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Requires Licensed Practical Nursing Degree
- Requires Current Kentucky Nursing License
- Four years’ experience as LPN; prefer experience in a medical office setting
- CPR certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Prefer experience working with a pediatric population
- Working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Desire computerized scheduling and electronic health record experience
- Working knowledge and adherence to HIPAA regulations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Organizational skills, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks
- Normal for a medical office environment
- Very mobile position, good portion of day will be spent walking, standing, reaching, and bending
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and respiratory conditions is possible in this position
- Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Current UofL Physicians employees must follow the UofL Physicians Internal Transfer Policy.