Oasis Systems is looking for Cost Estimating and cost analysis professionals to join our Team in supporting the United States Air Force HB EPASS Contract. In this role, the Cost Estimating and cost analyst will assist the government program office teams, working in conjunction with government engineers and program managers, as well as other support contractor engineers and program managers, with the below described responsibilities.
LOCATION: Hanscom AFB, MA
JOB STATUS: Full time
The successful candidate shall be able to manage, oversee/lead, or perform scientific work that involves designing, developing, and adapting mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques. The work also involves analyzing management problems and providing advice and insight about the probable effects of alternative solutions to these problems. The primary requirement of the work is competence in the rigorous methods of scientific inquiry and analysis. Professional knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of theories, concepts, and methods of analytical, mathematical, or statistical principles and practices to military weapons programs, with experience in:
- Routine cost estimating methods such as analogy, engineering or scientific methodology, and extrapolation.
- Assisting in development of and analyze cost and schedule risk-adjusted Life Cycle Cost Estimations (LCCEs), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), Business Case Analyses (BCAs), Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), program office estimates, and other standard cost analyses.
- Developing presentations and briefing executive leadership on program cost positions, impact of budget changes on supported programs, and other cost issues.
- Providing financial management expertise in coordination with PEO/Division/Branch/program financial analysts to identify issues, resolve issues and make sound and timely recommendations.
- Using cost estimating outputs to assess the impact various factors have on the costs to design, research, develop, operate, maintain, and dispose of a particular weapon system.
- Determining the appropriate phase of the budgetary cycle (planning, programming, justification, execution, etc.) for initiating new programs.
- Analyzing contractor financial data using EVM measures of merit to determine program viability with respect cost and schedule performance.
- Using analytical processes, such as: setting up the problem; conducting background research; collecting and reducing data; displaying data for analysis; formulating mathematical expressions; and drawing conclusions.
- Developing, maintain, and provide on-going sustainment of a Directorate, Division and Branch Cost Data Repository.
- Developing life cycle cost estimates to include Engineering & Manufacturing Development (EMD), Production, and Sustainment phases of programs. Includes program’s initial acquisition estimate, EMD and Production program phases.
- Utilization of ACEIT Tool Suite to perform and execute all program office estimates and analyses is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Top Secret clearance
- BA/BS, 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 3 of which must be in the DoD OR, 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the Functionally Aligned Job Descriptions, 5 of which must be in the DoD. Non-Functionally Aligned Minimum Recommended Education and Experience: GED, 4 years of experience in the respective profession being performed, 2 of which must be in the DoD.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills - both oral and written - and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations.
- The candidate shall be knowledgeable with DoD Directive 5000.1 (The Defense Acquisition System), DoD Instruction 5000.02 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System), Air Force Instruction (AFI) 65-501 - Economic Analysis, AFI 65-502 - Inflation, AFI 65-503 - US Air Force Cost and Planning Factors, AFI 65-508 - Cost Analysis Guidance and Procedures, Air Force Manual (AFMAN) 65-506 - Economic Analysis, the AFLCMC Standard Cost Process and other DoD, Air Force and lower level policy, publications, supplements, manuals, etc., as well as applicable documents and regulations, systems, processes and guides, as required.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.