Who We Are
Atlas prepares and empowers all students for success on their post-graduate paths through educational excellence, character development, and community engagement.
- Atlas students are outpacing national average growth across all grade levels
- Atlas student proficiency has surpassed the district and state
- Atlas provides family-centered support services that consistently lead to over 90% participation in our parent advisor conferences
- Atlas teachers engage in ongoing professional development targeted towards instructional best practices and academic data analysis
Who We Serve
- Tuition free and open enrollment public schools serving 1,100 students in K-2nd and 5th-12th grades
- 92% Socioeconomically Disadvantaged
- 78% Hispanic, 12% African American, 9% White, and 1% Asian
- 56% English Language Learners
- Embody the characteristics that the school wishes the students to uphold, especially respect, excellence, authenticity, curiosity, hard work, and professionalism.
- Teach at least four classes each day and a daily homeroom.
- Lead a club or sport one day a week throughout the school year.
- Collaborate in grade or program team one day a week throughout the school year.
- Lead one day of after school tutoring throughout the school year.
- Instruct or coach during REACH Beyond (June enrichment program for scholars).
- Serve as adviser for a group of students and their families, including regular communication, problem solving, and hosting quarterly family conferences.
- Assist in student arrival and departure, transitions between class periods, and lunch periods.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful manager of an urban classroom who has used structure, incentives, and high expectations to drive student success.
- Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated, quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages.
- Three years of urban teaching preferred.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Signing bonuses range from $2,500-$5,000.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits. Plan options include PPO or High Deductible Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Approximately 10 weeks of paid time off for holidays, scheduled breaks during the year and summer break, in additional to personal flex time.
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical or Child Care)
- Regular staff get togethers and celebrations.
- Early student release every Friday with staff professional development.
- Four designated industrial copy machines per school with unlimited copying for classroom instruction.
Additional benefits available to all team members include:
- SimplyEngaged Plus - monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Health Discount Program - savings on Lasik, prescriptions, teeth whitening, etc
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Maternity Leave)
- Short Term Disability Benefit (Partial Paid Leave due to injuries)
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Life Insurance Benefit of $25,000
- Additional option to purchase Life Insurance Benefits for employees and family members
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides up to four free counseling sessions annually
- Final Will and Testament Preparation, Legal Guidance, Identify Theft and Vacation Planning Services (Lincoln Financial)
An exceptional candidate will assume a full time role no later than July 9, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Powered by JazzHR