Provides leadership through the coordination and supervision of classroom and home based educational services. Recruits, trains and supervises personnel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures there is a safe and healthy developmentally appropriate learning environment. Protects the safety of children by ensuring the implementation of active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
2. Work in coordination with multi-disciplinary team to ensure the needs of children, families and staff are met.
3. Meets federal, state, and program documentation requirements by maintaining accurate, objective, complete, timely, and well-organized child and family records.
4. In coordination with supervisor, ensure staff scheduling complies with program requirements and Fair Labor Standards Act.
5. Assists with organizing training for staff, parents and volunteers.
6. Monitors assessments and screenings for completeness and compliance. Analyze school readiness data and use results to implement continuous improvement plans with education staff.
7. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
8. Interact with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, child progress, program policies and students' behavioral or learning challenges via home visits and in-center meetings. Participate in case management meetings and solution creation.
9. Reviews and approves classroom/home visit plans. Conducts regular observation of teacher-child interactions, classroom management and home visits. Provides guidance and technical advice to assigned staff.
10. Develop relationships with local school systems and child care to facilitate child transitioning to other programs.
11. Develop and document progress on professional development plan for self and assigned staff. Facilitates and engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
12. Where applicable, ensures that all IEP/IFSP goals and other disability service records are complete, current and goals are incorporated into daily educational activities. Make referrals and coordinate services for children with disabilities with LEA’s, Consultants, and other service providers.
13. Assumes responsibility for center operations in the absence of the Director.
14. Creates ways to engage parents in the education of their children including encouraging classroom involvement and home activities.
15. Procures adequate supplies and materials for education staff in coordination with supervisor.
16. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
17. May perform duties of other staff members (Teacher, Bus Monitor, Center Aide, Teacher’s Assistant) in time of staff shortage.
18. Attends center and home base functions such as parent meetings and special events.
19. Plans and implements staff meetings and training sessions.
20. Work may require the flexibility to stay until all children have left the program.
21. May translate.
22. Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This position directly supervises others. This may include participation in the recruitment/selection process for new hires, employee training, onboarding, conducting performance coaching/evaluation, compensation administration, delegation of duties and conflict resolution. Promotes an environment of teamwork and cooperation and is accessible to employees.