Novelis is seeking to add a talented Plant Controller to manage all controlling responsibilities for the plants located in Davenport, Iowa. As a key member of the plant management team, you will have the opportunity to monitor and drive financial results. You will work closely with the plant manager to understand the commercial and operational processes within the plant, and to articulate those processes in financial terms. This position will report to the Segment Financial Leader and plant manager in a matrix design.
- Ensures a timely and accurate closing, maintenance and reconciliation of the Davenport Plant’s general ledger.
- Develops and maintains records that value, report, and analyze inventory activity in the most effective manner. Organize physical inventory counts for external and internal audit. Maintain the stores inventory for accurate valuation on the general ledger. Audit stores inventory for accuracy to perpetual including quantities, cost and obsolescence with the respective operations manager. Identify opportunities for reduction in the quantities of stores inventory.
- Provides operations support (defined as plant operational analysis, support data and special analysis) as defined by the Plant Manager and Segment Financial Leader to ensure the appropriate levels of management are properly informed regarding the financial and operational performance of the facility.
- Provides general financial and operational results of plant to the appropriate levels of business unit management to ensure they are properly informed through narrative, tabular and/or analytical internal financial reports, as defined by the Plant Manager or Segment Financial Leader.
- Develops annual Opex and Capex budgets and various forecasting cycles. Provides clear, concise variance analysis as it relates to the annual plan and historic performance.
- Develops and maintains the records and valuation of capital projects spending and fixed assets.
- Serves as the point of contact for all plant SOX 404 activities and narratives.
- Establish a working knowledge of each process within manufacturing operation focusing on key performance drivers. Identify and maintain key performance metrics of the plant in collaboration with the plant and business unit management team.
- Inform personnel about their performance relative to the key metrics and to work with personnel in developing strategies for improved performance.
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance and Engineering departments to support initiatives and activities for reliable people, processes, and equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Business required; MBA and or CPA is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, and 3+ years of experience as a controller. Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Prior experience working in an industrial manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Strong analytical and written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team leadership and team membership skills.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Hyperion is a plus.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills with practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Established in 1991 the Davenport Casting facility employs more than 200 people and serves the building and construction industry. The site produces hot rolled coil by utilizing specialized blending melting and continuous casting processes to produce high-quality aluminum sheet from predominantly recycled materials. Davenport Casting has an active social responsibility committee that supports many organizations in the local community including Habitat for Humanity Riverbend Food Bank CASI and more. The facility also sponsors local events including their partnership with Junior Achievement in sponsoring and presenting at the Advanced Manufacturing Career Day.