Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
By exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, the Associate Manager will lead their team to fulfil Blick’s commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local communities. Responsibilities include,
• Consistently deliver superior customer service by combining sales, product knowledge, and other skills training to exceed customer expectations.
• Direct and manage the overall sales and operations of the store.
• Lead and inspire your team during shift management through training, supervision, and performance management. Celebrate wins and coach on opportunities.
• Follow directions, showing an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as assigned with minimal supervision.
• Assist the General Manager in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training process.
• Complete and utilize the following programs: Blick Onboarding Training, Blick Sales Training, Preferred Customer Program, and Special Orders.
• Assist the General Manager in personnel matters, including scheduling and performance management.
• Assist in coordination of merchandise set-ups, utilize knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and implement and maintain the store as set forth by senior management.
• Understand and act on the procedures required for maintaining inventory integrity, including receiving, reporting low stock levels, correcting inventory discrepancies, and react to customer product requests.
• Ensure compliance with all Loss Prevention Measures and Blick Policies and Procedures.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Availability to work flexible schedules including day/evening shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Elevates Service Standards
• Builds High Performing Teams
• Champions Core Values
• The Associate Manager directly supervises personnel within their store location.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
• Prolonged walking, standing and climbing ladders.
• Minimal travel in the local area may be required.
• High School Graduate or equivalent. College preferred but not required.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.