Indirect Tax Analyst
Winston Salem, NC
Our client, located in Winston Salem, is looking to add an Indirect Tax Analyst Lead to their team on a long-term contract to hire basis. This person will be responsible for preparation and timely remittance of the various indirect tax returns and filings utilizing appropriate software and technology tools.
Property Tax / Sales Tax / Other:
• Prepare all business personal property and real property tax listings for review.
• Prepare property tax jurisdictional exemption applications for review.
• Work with Tax assistant to compile property tax bills for review before payment.
• Document and analyze property tax assessments; submit for further review by Lead and/or Manager;
assist with any needed resolution.
• prepare all sales/use tax returns for review and coordinate the remittance Of sales/use tax payments
by the Tax Assistant after review.
• Prepare NC sales tax refund requests including the identification Of additional
refundable items for review;
• Prepare sales tax exemption certificates for review; maintain database.
• Assist with the analysis of tax rates for the various products and tax services sold or purchased in the
jurisdictions the company does business; research tax law to ensure it is applied appropriately; creates
and provides preliminary assessments for review.
• Assist and oversee the Tax Assistant's preparation of Forms W-9 with oversight/input from Lead or
• Prepare certain excise tax returns for review and oversee remittance by Tax Assistant of all excise tax
payments after review.
Compile unclaimed property data for third party vendor; to be reviewed with Lead and/or Manager
prior to submission.
• Prepare and submit for review certain regulatory filings including, but not limited to, annual reports
(i.e. Secretary of State, Attorney General, Division of Charitable Solicitations, etc.).
• Assist in responding to internal and external inquiries, requests for data, and similar as it relates to
• Review of other Indirect Tax Analyst's work in coordination with the Lead and/or Manager.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in tax services required.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPA license or eligibility preferred.
Additional Skills Required:
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel experience.
Must have excellent interpersonal communication and professional writing skills.
Must have the ability to apply logical and critical thinking in analyzing transactions, addressing requests and participating in special projects.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply direct or call Jenny at 984-900-8044
Robert Half Management Resources matches senior-level financial consultants with remote or on-site jobs for interim and long-term opportunities in areas such as internal auditing, mergers and acquisitions, tax initiatives, and much more. Our staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes' inaugural list of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.