*****Eligible for $5K Sign on Bonus*****
UTI is looking for skilled welders who are ready to share their expertise and industry knowledge with the next generation of welders. At UTI, all of our Instructors are former techs like you; no prior teaching experience, degree or certification required, Instead through our paid 9-week New Instructor Training we will train you on how to deliver our designed curriculum and labs, how to manage a classroom, how to hold students accountable, and encourage them with structured opportunities to develop their own proficiency. Enjoy the perks of teaching: receive paid training on the newest practices in the industry, work in a climate controlled environment, and have a rewarding career sharing your knowledge.
Check out our welding program and lab by visiting: www.uti.edu/viewbook/welding
- Help students realize their dreams by organizing and delivering class objectives in a clear, concise manner; maintaining an orderly, controlled, and safe environment for our students in classrooms and labs; ensuring training aids, tools, and equipment are maintained and prepared for use in the classroom and lab; supervising and holding students accountable while promoting learning, participation, motivation, and professionalism; testing, evaluating, and communicating performance and progress with students, supervisors, and other departments in a timely and accurate manner; and maintaining curriculum accuracy by keeping up-to-date on the industry.
- Ensures UTI is legitimate in our operations by following the compliance related responsibilities for this position in the supplemental document.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5 years of experience in related welding industry.
- Experience welding in the construction, structural, fabrication, manufacturing and/or pipe industries
- Experience setting up and operating GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, GTAW, Oxy/Fuel and/or Plasma cutting equipment
- May require multiple welding certifications in the areas of SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and FCAW. Pipe Welding may require additional certifications
- Current welding certifications in area of expertise preferred:
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) and/or Certified Welding Educator (CWE) through American Welding Society, (AWS) or an equivalent.
- In depth understanding of welding and cutting processes.
- Knowledge of welding different metal types; steel, aluminum or stainless steel.
- Ability to read, understand and use Welding Procedure Specification sheets
- Ability to read, understand and use technical drawings or blueprints to manufacture components.
- Computer skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- People development and instructional skills and abilities
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills, can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
- Motivated and professional, with a positive attitude
- Must be able to instruct two consecutive courses per workday; amount of hours will vary based on campus location and program
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds or less 15% of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 15% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- May require minimal overnight travel.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
- Work is performed near or with hot metal fusion and cutting processes
- Work is performed near or with moving mechanical parts
- Short periods of limited exposure to non-hazardous levels of fumes or airborne particles.
UTI recognizes the demand and need for skilled welders: https://uti.wistia.com/medias/pm7a7x50jw