RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is looking for a growth oriented candidates that want to join our team at our customer's facility in Augusta, GA. As a member of our team, the selected candidates will work with our engineering staff and John Deere's staff to support the production of Utility Tractors.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
Product Design Engineer
- Working with CREO 4.0 parametric to create drawings, parts, and assemblies.
- Working on development of Off Road Vehicle Systems.
- Design of structural components.
- Continuous Improvement to existing products.
- Working with manufacturing, quality, and supply management teams.
- Communicating with team members at a professional level.
- Providing engineering calculations and data analysis.
- Collaboration with various departments to provide engineering support.
- Utilize six sigma and product development processes to achieve successful design solutions.
- Working in PDM Link and SAP for business management and part tracking.
- Working in Microsoft Project and Excel to track project status on multiple levels.
- Utilize GD&T per customer standard practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Desire a mechanical aptitude through employment, personal experience, or education, including machinery operation, maintenance, repair, metal fabrication, and other “hands on" experience.
- Candidates must have excellent communication, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Previous design experience or knowledge of off-road equipment is a plus.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Travel: Minimal, less than 5%.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR