Part-time (.6 FTE 24h/wk), Benefits Eligible
2nd shift: 3:00pm - 11:30pm (Flexible between 2nd - 3rd shift hours)
with rotating weekend and holidays
on call as needed
*Sign-on Bonus Eligible!
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician/ Laboratory Technologist : This position is responsible for accurate and timely processing, testing and resulting. Additional duties include completing tasks, preventive maintenance, quality control and providing customer service. Each employee is expected to be a supportive link between laboratory customers and other areas within the department and project a professional image through telephone communication to internal and external Nationwide Children's Hospital customers.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
What you will be doing:
- Maintains technical and computer skills required in the laboratory; May include phlebotomy, specimen collection, processing, reporting, and storage. May coordinate couriers for transport of specimens and supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and upholds applicable laws and regulations related to position. Maintains knowledge of techniques, procedures, and protocols, lab-wide and within lab section. Reviews and acknowledges procedures as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate respectfully with coworkers, staff, patients, parents and clients. Continuously be the best at providing customer service in an efficient and effective manner to assure customer satisfaction and quality patient care.
- Maintains a safe environment. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area. Reports spills and hazardous situations immediately and acts appropriately. Follows established guidelines for disclosure of patient information.
- Performs routine and complex technical procedures and functions in the laboratory information system in an adequate and timely manner. 6. Assists in process development/improvement within the department including participating in quality assurance, continuing education programs, and department meetings.
- Demonstrates the initiative and ability to provide feedback that is useful and assists in individual improvement. Promotes a cohesive work environment and identify resolutions to improve moral.
- Demonstrates the ability to make determinations regarding course of action and alternatives by addressing problems by using resolutions and basic troubleshooting skills. Able to resolve technical, computer, and customer service problems with in the lab section.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess these minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's (preferred) or Associate's degree in medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution. Or an associate's degree in a chemical, physical or biological science.
- Prefer American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certified. As of June 1, 2015: if not certified, must be eligible for certification as a Technologist by an approved agency. Certification exam must be completed within 3 years of hire date.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and computer experience.
- Will be able to present information through oral or written communication effectively.
- Maintain and foster interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and independently promoting a team environment and maintaining a cooperative and supportive atmosphere. When personal workload is light, helps others to stay productive.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust to change, handle interruptions and function with changing circumstances.7. Demonstrate the ability to change manner of communication styles to adapt to various cultural differences.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand for more than 1 hour at a time, sit for more than 1 hour at a time.
- Good visual and auditory acuity.
- Full use of hands and arms.
- Ability to speak clearly.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Offsite Laboratory employees must pass color blindness testing.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.