Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer specializing in Linux to join our winning team, located in our Las Vegas office. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer (Linux) will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham's comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer (Linux) at Latham, you will be responsible for all aspects of the operation and maintenance of the firm’s physical and virtual server and storage systems in addition to the role’s Linux focus. You will be responsible for assisting with the implementation, maintenance, support, and decommissioning of physical and virtual server and storage platforms and workloads and ensuring their consistency across the firm, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Preparing and maintaining a consistent server and storage environment according to firm standards for different categories of server and storage technologies, including, but not limited to, scripted builds, maintaining service packs levels, and driver and firmware management.
- Administration of all aspects of Linux Operating systems and supporting infrastructure including but not limited to CentOS, RHEL and associated components such as Satellite and Ansible Tower.
- Working with internal team members to plan, install, and maintain a suitable testing environment for pre-production testing of patches, upgrades, proof of concept, and project based deployments
- Providing planning, installation, and research input for all relevant technologies and information services as listed in the experience and skill requirements
- Providing regular reports regarding the performance and status of server, storage, and disaster recovery systems
- Following standard service management, ITSM, ITIL and Change Management procedures and policies as determined firm management
- Managing and assisting with technology projects across all offices, and datacentres as required
- Working with the Enterprise Monitoring team (GEMS) to proactively monitor, review, and resolve issues, alerts, and notifications regarding enterprise server and storage systems, including specifying and configuring alerts and thresholds
- Assisting with planning and implementing firm-wide technology initiatives within areas of responsibility including working with other relevant internal departments
- Supporting the implementation and compliance of all strategic policies relating to data security, data usage, equipment usage, licensing, statutory laws, and any other defined policies
- Working as part of Disaster Recovery team to provide assistance with the operation, maintenance, and optimization of global disaster recovery systems; participating in disaster recovery exercises and tests, as defined by the global DR/BCP team
As a Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Server & Storage Infrastructure Engineer must have good knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, problem management, service management and change management frameworks. The analytical skills needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend and implement solutions to technology problems are desired.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher education Diploma in Information Technology or a related field is desired. Equivalent work experience can be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. VMWare certification (VCP) or equivalent experience is highly desired. The Engineer must have in at least two of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas:
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive computer systems management and support experience, preferably in a multi-site enterprise-scale environment; international law firm or professional/financial services experience would be a distinct benefit.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience of installing and maintaining Windows servers, including operating system installation, configuration, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting; experience installing and administering Linux Operating systems is mandatory. A good understanding of scripting is highly preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience of installing, maintaining, and supporting Enterprise server, storage, and backup systems, in particular HPE & Dell servers, storage and backup systems; experience of Storage Area Networking, HPE 3PAR arrays would be beneficial.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with Active Directory in a large multi-site Microsoft environment required, including understanding and supporting directory services, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policies.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience of installing, maintaining, and supporting high availability systems using VMware.
- Experience with VMWare NSX, SRM, vSAN and other vSphere supporting technologies.
Occasional travel is required of this position.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Please click here to review your rights under U.S. employment laws. #LI-SW1