Cenikor Foundation is a non profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a Full Time Case Manager/Educator for our short term/detox facility in Tyler, TX.
The Case Manager / Educator provides substance abuse treatment services to a diverse population within contract and/or regulatory guidelines. Conduct life skills groups, counseling groups, and individual therapy sessions for assigned caseload. Documents treatment services in clinical file and maintains related records. Provides case management services, including COPSD and discharge planning services as appropriate to ensure client receives all necessary and required services.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Conduct chemical dependency counseling, relapse prevention education, and life skills group sessions. Document and upload clinical and administrative notes to Welligent and CMBHS within three (3) service days.
- Facilitate groups on an as needed basis.
- Work in conjunction with all facility staff to facilitate a safe environment for client recovery.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with the individual, family/natural supports and other members of the identified wellness team-including referral providers to reduce the fragmentation in services and lags in ongoing service provision for clients at the time of discharge.
- Educate the individual, family/natural supports and other members of treatment options, community resources, etc. in order to ensure timely and informed decisions related to discharge and to promote individual self–efficacy and self-advocacy and determination.
- Contribute to client care by participating in clinical staff meetings to review client progress, treatment plans, discharge plan status and weekly client case management sessions. Report caseload activities to supervisor.
- Participate in weekly Training/Supervision as a member of the clinical team.
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is appropriate and complies with documentation standards.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as Cenikor policies and procedures.
- Create/maintain an updated data base of referral resources for clients within the immediate community and across State as per identified need
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client confidentiality. Maintain strict confidentiality on all Foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Work closely with Program Director to uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and contribute to a positive working environment for all team members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and therapeutic counseling for individuals and for groups.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources for client development and providing substance abuse counseling.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology or social services required
- Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience and previous case management experience preferred
- Experience with CMBHS or other electronic health record system preferred
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR