Scope of the Position
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for but are not limited to maintaining, rebuilding, repair, and the preventative maintenance of all plant operating equipment and facility buildings and grounds, safely and in accordance with our Standard Operating Procedures. The maintenance mechanics are primarily responsible for the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of industrial equipment’s in accordance with manufacturing or site’s specification, and general facility maintenance activities. They are also required to support site electrical activities as needed.
Position: Maintenance Mechanic
Shift: Monday to Friday 40 hours/on call after hours
- Install, troubleshoots, and repair process equipment, which include hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems such as pumps, gear reducers, exhaust fans, boilers, compressors, conveyors, packager, and a wide range of facility equipment in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Interface with OEM’s and vendors as necessary.
- Support inventorying and management of spare parts.
- Recommend changes and improvement to the existing equipment in order to improve reliability, accuracy, or further optimize process.
- Accurately completes all work performed according to work instructions, including proper documentation. Completes work orders using CMMS (facility dude) system.
- Perform repairs and modifications as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Support and participates in training programs.
- Supports site safety programs.
- Support/leads failure analysis process by discussing the causes of equipment failure with other stakeholders.
- Perform assigned preventive and corrective maintenance on plant systems and equipment’s.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodations.
- Coordinate equipment availability with the appropriate personnel.
- Operation of a forklift truck, aerial man lift, railcar mover, pay-loader, and passing a company administered proficiency test is required.
- Complete and maintain safety, quality, and ISO documentation and records.
What You Need To Be Successful
- 2 years Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance or Similar Technical Field
- 3-5 years Preventative maintenance and reliablity experience
- 3-5 years mechanical experience in a industrial manufacturing operation as a pipefitter, machinist, millwright, or similar.
- 3-5 years Hands on experience working with rotating equipment, convayor systems, PLC's and process equipment.
- Welding experience would be an asset.
- Professional with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, and P&ID.
- Experience operating mobile equipment’s such as forklift, man lift, front-end loader, shuttle wagon, and or other heavy equipment.
- Experience with a CMMS such as SAP or Facility Dude.
- Must have an understanding of units of measure and weight and perform conversions.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must be available to work overtime as needed for business continuity, this include (but not limited to) call-outs on off-shifts and weekend.
- Ability to communicate with courtesy and tact when furnishing or obtaining information from both fellow workers and other departments.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company headquartered in Toronto, Canada with 65+ locations across North America and Brazil. Chemtrade provides industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partner to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries and is committed to the codes and ethics of Responsible Care 14001.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about Chemtrade by visiting www.chemtradelogistics.com or follow us on Facebook