Apply for this jobTitle: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Industry: Packaging Equipment / Robotics / Automation
This position will join a dynamic engineering team, work with an industry leader and be expected to sustain a high performing customer-centric environment. This position will contribute to designing and manufacturing high quality, high efficiency cartoners, case packers, pouch packaging systems, and robotics integration. Our products are used worldwide in most major industries including: Food, Pharma, Confections, Cosmetic, Beverage and many others.
1. Is a Product Development Leader for assigned projects, supporting the development of detailed project plans and design activities and managing the daily execution of development tasks with technical resources assigned to support the project.
2. Utilize sound engineering principles to plan, conceptualize and design new products or modify existing ones from information provided by customer request/feedback, sales/sales engineers, manufacturing personnel or service team under supervision of Senior Engineers or Engineering Manager.
3. Work with other Senior Engineers to review form, fit and function of product designs by utilizing SolidWorks.
4. Explore innovative manufacturing methods to help reduce mechanical assembly costs and lead time.
5. Troubleshoot problems occurring during development, fabrication, assembly, or commissioning of machinery.
6. Programming and troubleshooting custom industrial robotic and automation equipment.
7. Is knowledgeable in development of electro-mechanical controls strategies and the software used to develop and validate initial performance.
8. Create 3D models, production 2D drawings, and complete tolerance analysis.
9. Conduct functional testing, generate written protocols, reports, maintain accurate documentation, designs, drawing and processes.
10. Provide in-field and phone support for service-related activities, including engineering support for pre-sales solutions. Limited travel to customer sites for various activities including installation support and resolving post installation technical issues.
11. Adheres to new product development processes as it relates to project initiation, concept selection, product definition, detailed design and productions readiness steps.
12. Modifies analysis techniques when necessary to solve more complex problems.
13. Evaluates product failures using advanced engineering techniques. 14. Compiles and analyzes test results; formulates conclusions and recommends direction to the business.
15. Partners with other technical and business stakeholders as needed to ensure project movement forward in compliance with project timeline. 16. Travels up to 25%
17. Related tasks as requested by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 8+ years of documented engineering experience, management and design - automated packaging experience preferred.
• Creative mindset with attention to detail of process, product, and material design
• Expert knowledge in own area of engineering concepts, practices and procedures and other internal engineering standards and systems
• Strong background in connected electro-mechanical systems and controls engineering.
• Strong AutoCAD/AutoDesk and SolidWorks proficiency required.
• Strong understanding of automation electronics
• Familiar with the following manufacturing technologies: Machining, Forming, Welding, Heat Treatment
• Experience designing Cartoners, Case Packers, Pouch Machines, Palletizers, and Robotics, strongly preferred.
• Willingness to bring a team together and accomplish project goals effectively.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team-oriented and collaborative – general focus on pleasing the customer.
• Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies and ability to learn new technologies.
• Aptitude and willingness to be a self-starter
• Willingness to work as required to meet scheduleApply for this job