We are expanding our Casualty/Bodily Injury operations. The role could be remote in a Crawford or Client office location. Under minimal supervision, evaluates and settles casualty claims of modest to complex exposure by investigating losses, interpreting coverage, negotiating settlements and handling claims per client specific parameters. You must have the ability to maintain high claim standards and produce a quality claim file while maintaining adequate production levels.
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverages.
- Conducts on-site investigations of claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, and by comparing claim information with evidence.
- Sets loss reserves.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford.
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Controlling claim costs.
- Recommends litigation when appropriate.
- Presents evidence at legal proceedings; producing reports and other documents as evidence.
- Maintains expected case load.
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- May assist junior adjusters.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Requires a high school diploma; advanced education beyond high school preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and self-directed.
- Flexible and able to change plans quickly.
- Position may be home based/virtual or in office depending on the project or client.
- Ability to handle a variety of situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of insurance industry, terminology, customs, and practices.
- Basic computer skills: ability to complete reports by computer.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in insurance, handling casualty, liability and/or bodily injury claims preferred.
- Continuous interaction with insureds, claimants, attorneys, specialists and/or clients to exchange information, often requiring analysis of alternative courses of action.
- Valid adjuster's license in state of residence (where required by law).
- Must be able to travel on short notice and remain on location for indefinite periods.
- In most cases, Catastrophe Adjusters are responsible for their own travel and living expenses while on assignment.
- Must possess the necessary tools, e.g. laptop, monitor, cell phone, etc., required for the assignment available.
- Must complete continuing education requirements as outlined by Crawford Educational Services.
- Acceptable results on pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
- Bilingual a plus
- Good communication skills, organizational ability, technical knowledge, and computer skills.
- Large catastrophe events may require prolonged periods away from home and long working hours.
§The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
§Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§Ability to talk and hear.
§Ability to see and read.
§Reaching and manual dexterity for operating computer keyboard.
§While performing the duties of this position, auto travel may be required.
§The employee is required to extend hands and arms in various directions in order to handle files and associated paperwork; use hands/fingers in repetitive motion in keyboard usage; use hands/fingers to efficiently utilize a writing instrument.
§Stooping kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, is relative to office files, etc..
§Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word is required, as well as the ability to convey detailed/important instructions in an accurate manner.
§Ability to frequently talk or hear on a telephone and receive detailed information through oral communication is required.
§Exertion up to 20 pounds of force is occasionally required and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
§Visual activity requirements are those of Clerical Administrative. This is a minimum standard for use with those whose work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, computer terminal, extensive reading, operation of machines, and using measurement devices.
People taking care of people. It’s that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients’ policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that’s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example – at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.