Cenikor is a non-profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking an Outpatient Counselor for our facility in Tyler, TX.
The Outpatient Counselor provides substance abuse treatment services to ensure that each client develops the skills necessary to live a life free from substance dependence.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday days/evenings
- Work with a diverse group of clients, including adults and adolescents, to develop and implement an individualized, written treatment plan.
- Provide individual counseling services to each client as scheduled.
- Conducts chemical dependency counseling sessions, group sessions and educational sessions as scheduled.
- Ensure documentation in the clinical record is legible and complies with documentation standards.
- Participate as a team member to provide an optimum environment for client recovery.
- Communicate with Outpatient Manager any issues relating to client complaints and concerns.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance program according to policy and training.
- Complete monthly judicial reports accurately and submit per schedule.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulatory standards as well as policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Uphold the core principles of Cenikor’s culture and create a positive working environment for all team members.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the exempt functions as assigned in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in providing education and therapeutic counseling (individual and group formats) for adults and adolescents.
- Knowledgeable of therapeutic community philosophy and best practices of outpatient counseling.
- Experienced and capable of identifying appropriate resources for client development and providing substance abuse counseling.
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, including MS Outlook calendar.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
- Counselor training required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two (2) years of substance abuse treatment experience preferred
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Powered by JazzHR