Join Cerebral Staffing, LLC on site at our client John Deere in East Moline, IL as a Production Supervisor!
Location: East Moline, IL
Duration of Role: One Year Plus
Hours: Must be able to work both 1st shift and cover on 3rd shift if needed
1st shift, 7:00 AM- 3:30 PM
3rd shift, 10:30 PM- 7:00 AM
OT is likely, extended weekday hours or weekend hours
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job. Monitors Control Plans, troubleshoots workmanship problems and generally supervises production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Determines manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule and makes daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Monitors and makes corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities. Implements and monitors safety programs and housekeeping.
- Manage daily manpower through operator certification and cross training
- Manage Daily Time Cards
- Escalate problems through cross functional resources and leadership to ensure on time delivery, distinctive product quality, and a safe environment for their dept.
- Manage and facilitate Continuous Improvement activities
- Some weekend work may be required.
- Candidate needs to be capable of coordinating, scheduling, and providing leadership to hourly wage employees on non-routine and self-directed tasks required to meet safety, quality, delivery, and efficiency objectives.
- 4-year degree in any field.
- Must have previous supervisor experience, leading teams in a union environment is preferred
- Looking for candidates with team-building and UAW experience.
- 1 or more years of production/manufacturing supervisory experience is required.
- MS Office experience, including Excel.
- Must have great people skills and a great communicator.
- Looking for candidates comfortable with leading hourly employees and working in a factory environment.
- SAP is a huge plus
Powered by JazzHR