Don’t just work. Work Happy. A career in gaming? At Ameristar Black Hawk, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry. An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Starting salary for this role is $45,000 per year, based on experience.
Eligible for quarterly bonus payouts based on targeted goals.
This position qualifies for the following:
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus PLUS Relocation Assistance* of 10% of base salary amount.
Competitive Benefits Packages, 401K Program with a Company Match, Property Amenity Discounts (F&B outlets, Starbucks, Retail and Spa) and more!
No casino industry experience required.
- Develops relationships with players to grow customer base and increase Company revenues by assuring customer retention and repeat business.
- Attracts and manages customers through weekly communications and in-person contact on the casino floor.
- Utilizes telemarketing, correspondence, referrals, text, email, and events to solicit and grow existing business.
- Exercises discretion to provide guests with hospitality arrangements, including rooms, food, beverages, and assists with special requests.
- Proactively seeks out new business on the casino floor, introducing the benefits of and soliciting enrollment for the mychoice Rewards program.
- Devotes significant time being visible and available on the casino floor to meet and greet guests during individual visits as well as during special events.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service following department and company standards and programs.
- Makes decisions regarding valuable complimentaries based on a consideration of recorded play, earned points, comp availability, and customer profitability.
- Resolves guest opportunities, conflicts, and complaints on behalf of the Company fairly and equitably.
- Monitors patron activity and profitability of all assigned players.
- Achieves departmental sales and growth goals.
- Develops and maintains technical skills to maximize the use of patron data systems.
- Utilizes Salesforce (CMS) tracking for all player contacts, profile preferences, and tasks. Completes all Salesforce task requirements promptly. Reviews all monthly metrics with the Manager and sets quarterly goals.
- Maintains the confidentiality of player information including but not limited to personal information such as name, address, contact information, level of play, wins, losses, number of visits, etc.
- Develops in-house invitation lists for special events and other significant hosting events.
- Attends special events, on and off the property.
- Assists at special events as needed.
- Establishes a direct line of communication with all service departments to care for a variety of levels of players.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with customers of fellow hosts.
- Provides professional representation on behalf of the Company at internal and external meetings and events.
- Ensures interactions with internal and external guests and follows the guidelines of the customer service program.
- Adheres to all Corporate and local policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory compliance within the area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or minimum of five (5) years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years Casino Guest Service experience, including but not limited to Player Development, Slots, or Table Games.
- Two (2) years of hosting experience with an adequate customer following are preferred.
- Must have intermediate computer knowledge; MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Salesforce (CMS); Oasis/Super Playmate preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts diplomatically and tactfully.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions (i.e., written, oral, etc.)
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Click HERE to see our Team Member BENEFITS.
Equal Opportunity Employer